Finance and Administration Department
The Finance & Administration Department plays a very important role in the sound fiscal management of Teslin Tlingit Council (TTC), enabling the government to operate efficiently and responsibly. As a Self-Governing First Nation, TTC is held accountable to a high degree with strict auditing rules guiding financial operations.
In addition to TTC finances and payroll, the Finance and Administration Department is responsible for records management, Citizenship records, information technology, repayment agreements, rent collection, and overseeing the budget and audit.
An outcome driven, triple E government: Efficient, Effective, Empowering
- Review existing policies and processes to ensure finance systems are effective and efficient
- Reduce accounts receivable outstanding balance
- Improve efficiencies in the processing of accounts payable and the reporting to all departments, and Executive Council, Management Board and General Council
- Monitor and make necessary improvements to ensure TTC has effective information technology and functioning computer systems
- Develop a strategy for the preservation of and access to electronic records
- Receive unqualified audit each year